First Verse of a Song I Wrote This Afternoon: Lyrical Meaning
Had the melody all picked out on piano/guitar and wanted to give it some more life. (I use we/they in the same manner when explaining)
- •Last time around the blockMeaning: It's getting late but we had a great day and don't want it to end.
- •Before the sun sets, while its still hotThe sun is hot. You're hot. I could go on.
- •I know you, you know meWe know each other. This is not just knowing though, it's more of a mind reading/sensing/same level kind of feeling.
- •We'll pick back up tomorrowTomorrow doesn't actually mean the next day necessarily. It symbolizes the next time two people see each other. This instance, two friends can act like they see each other every day even though it's been years since their last meeting.
- •Last time around the blockThis is the second time (somewhere in the future) where they/we meet. Same meaning as the first part.
- •Before the sun sets, while its still hotYou're even hotter.
- •I know you, you know meWe know each other.
- •We both run 'til we can't breatheBoth very competitive and want to outrun the other. Both won't stop talking to each other but it never gets old.
- •Let's go around the worldI want to travel the world with you. World meaning Earth and life.
- •To all the cities and the ruralDidn't want to rhyme girl with world. Happens in every song with 'world'. Occurs in 4 of my songs.
- •We got time in days, in nightsWe're so young and have so much to see
- •It just feels rightThis is the title of the song and it just feels right.