15 TYPES OF WRITERS YOU MEET AT MOVIE PUNCH-UPS
They're paying you to pitch jokes!
- •THE SAVIOR: "The story doesn't work at all. But I know how to fix it."
- •THE VOICE OF TODAY: "A teenager wouldn't say it that way."
- •THE STAND-UP: "You are all a trapped audience who have never seen any of my bits before!"
- •MRS. NAME-DROP: "That reminds me of when Jack Black was in the room for Kung Fu Panda 2..."
- •THE STUDIO-SUCK UP: "Let's not forget the note we got about making sure the the stakes are clear."
- •THE SPOILED GUY: "Can you believe we're only getting $2500 a day?"
- •THE HERO OF THE HERO'S JOURNEY: "Um, we're not even at the inciting incident yet, how are we going to make it to the first quest rejection by page 30?"
- •THE HACK POLICE: "That's funny but they did it on an episode of American Dad."
- •IPHONE ADDICT: "(nothing)"
- •DIRTY JOE: "And then he jizzes blood out of his penis nose!"
- •QUEEN OF THE TINY FIXES: "I think if you changed 'anger' to 'fury' here the line would really hit harder."
- •THE TRUTH-TELLER: "Like this movie is ever even gonna get made."
- •CAN'T LET IT GO: "And if we do that thing I said earlier, everything in this scene will also have to change."
- •THE CINEMA SCHOLAR: "Kurosawa traditionally included traveling minstrels as his 'Greek chorus'..."
- •THE ORIGINAL WRITER: "(nothing)"
- •THE TEAM: "My partner and I got together yesterday and we have a pitch." "I agree with that pitch."Suggested by @danny