Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Hugs are so important.Oxytocin levels rise when you hug someone. That's science. You literally reduce anxiety, stress and even blood pressure when hugging.
- •A hug must be done right.If you want that oxytocin rise, then, for the love of God, go all in! Be genuine, be generous and be confident. An insecure hug is a sad thing.
- •People who "don't do hugs" are doing them wrong.Awkwardly arching your back? Sticking your elbows out? Sharply patting the recipient's back before retreating hurriedly and apologetically? No wonder you don't like hugs. That is the most uncomfortable shit ever.
- 1."I'm oddly an introvert. Because of that aspect of my personality, I like the idea of taking care of the team - hoping that someone will, eventually, take care of me back."
- 2.Talking about dealing with tabloid onslaught: "The recovery time is faster now. And it makes for good material. If I don't come out of it with a good joke, then I'm not doing the work right."
- 3."I'd like to say that everything rolls off me. But it doesn't. And if it does, you've turned into a robot. And I don't want to be a robot."
- •Move or be moved.
- •Large umbrellas shouldn't be allowed. You're 1 out of 8 million, man! Let's all be a little thriftier with the diameter of our umbrellas!
- •Do you REALLY have nowhere better to be than literally underground?! Let's go, people! Up those subway steps - work those glutes!
Key word here: friend. (I understand there are loopholes & complications when texting potential romantic prospects.)
- •Your phone fell in a body of water.
- •Your thumbs fell off.
- •When your internet crashes and you get the dreaded Google dinosaur no-connection page - hit the space bar!You're welcome.
- •"Have a little compassion for yourself."One of the many gems of supportive wisdom from the great Daphne Nancy Seale
- •"Leave the lump of cold hard butter sit on the hot toast for a second before trying to spread it."So obvious. So life-changing.
- •Re-folding all the clothes in my dresser. Twice.
- •Emptying the dishwasher
- •Suddenly feeling morally compelled to socialize with my roommate
- •Why did I decide to go running?
- •What a terrible idea.
- •Can I stop now?
Cats are the worst. They just are.
- 1.A chlamydia-infected koala
- 2.A child who turns everything he touches into skittles
- 3.A baby with colic