FOOD THAT I CAN'T GET IN HONDURAS THAT I REALLY CRAVE
The food here is excellent and generally healthier than in the States. But still...
- •Tender, fatty ribeye steakThe Tomahawk from BLT still brings tears to my eyes.
- •Shake Shack burgersReally any decent hamburger.
- •Good wineOh, Schneider's of Capitol Hill, I miss you so...
- •Taco Bell taco supremeI know, I know. I don't judge your lists.
- •Sweet Italian sausageThere's lots of great chorizo here. But once in a while...
- •The Curly W pretzel from Nats Park smothered in crappy "cheese" sauce. And a Nats dog.
- •Margaritas on the patio at La Loma with steak tacosI know I can get better in Honduras. But I've known Sammy and Milton since the day La Loma opened circa 1997. Sometimes you just need a familiar face.
- •Anything from my bestie's kitchen.