Things I Will Do Upon Returning to the US
I've been in Honduras for 18 months teaching high school. Next month I return home.
- •Take the longest shower ever.There is so much dust here and so little water. I will be a wrinkled mess for a week.
- •See my beloved Nationals!A night at the ballpark... It soothes my soul.
- •Ribeyes and burgers and wine, oh my!The food here is excellent as long as you're not a red meat, red wine fan.
- •Wear clothes that require dry cleaning.I am leaving most of my clothes here. My shirts are cotton but my work uniform is not. I never want to see polyblends again.
- •And shoes that don't need to withstand being hosed down.Did I mention the dust?
- •Not mentally rehearse every conversation I want to have to make sure I know the Spanish vocabulary.Hello, English, my old friend (although my limited vocabulary has forced me to be succinct)
- •Enjoy live entertainmentMy little village has culture, but Kennedy Center... here I come!
- •I loved being here, but as Dorothy said...