WHY I AM NOT HAVING BREAST RECONSTRUCTION SURGERY
I had a double mastectomy last September and assumed that after chemo was complete I would opt for reconstruction. Not so.
- •My breasts, while adorable - may they rest in peace - were always quite small so going "sans boobies" is not much of a shiftAnd luckily my husband is a "brain man" 🤓
- •My body deserves kindnessIt has been through the wringer. I can't imagine voluntarily subjecting it to any more trauma
- •I can still feel the pain of having surgical drains removedSeriously. It was unbelievable. I am pretty stoic but I think my scream is still echoing in the doctor's corridor.
- •I've had enough of being in recovery modeIt's time to get back to whatever normal is
- •I'm sharing this because it seems to be an automatic assumption that reconstruction will be part of the process
- •I think "living flat" should be discussed morePersonally I'm not all that interested in breast forms or special bras. I live in a hot environment - I don't want to have all that gear on me. Give me a soft tank top and I'll be just fine.