BEST THINGS THAT HAPPENED TO ME ON THIS TRIP TO ATLANTA
I'm working on this show that shoots in Atlanta right now so I've been going back and forth for several weeks/months. This was a particularly nice trip, and here is why:
- •I rented a little car and IT WAS FUCKING RADI've been staying outside the city, and getting around without a car was pretty impossible. With a car, though... Freedom! Independence! Trying new restaurants! Self-reporting! Listening to my own music and exploring and following my whimsy and seeing friends!
- •I got to see my friend Ben, who I haven't seen in over a year.Ben played my little brother in a pilot I did a few years ago, and I still feel residual protectiveness over him. In the time since I've seen him, he's turned into this big handsome man and his career has taken off. I was so happy to see him doing so well! This is Ben wearing a stupid mask.
- •My fellow actor @mison gave me lots of good suggestions for exploring the city, and invited me to come for dinner & meet his beautiful wife and their sweet bebe, the next time I'm in town.Working with such a generous and lovely actor is a real pleasure, and makes working away from "the comforts of home" that much better/easier. Also, can't wait to meet that squishy baby, he is CUTE.
- •It was my grandma's 88th birthday and her health is pretty good after a little scare, and she is still sassy as all get-out. We had such a nice conversation this week.This is her last year at her condo's St. Patrick's Day party. Isn't she beautiful?
- •A waiter came over to my table and said, "Hi! I have some freshly baked muffins for you!"They were carrot cake and they were DELICIOUS. This picture doesn't do them justice.
- •I finally got the script for my next project!I start shooting something new/big/scary/exciting in about a week, and I still didn't have the script... so panic panic panic...until I finally got pages!!
- •I changed my flight back and made it home in time to say Bon Voyage to my dear friend Guiselt who is moving to Berlin!
- •Now I get to be home for OVER A WEEK!!I am always very happy to be working, but I have missed being home. This will the longest I have been home in a LONG LONG time and I am so excited.