Already on li.st? Open in app.
The One for One™ concept of TOMS, where buying a pair of shoes is donating a pair of shoes, has been touching many brands and driving socially conscious fashion. Warby Parker is super popular these days too, but these two companies are just the tip of the iceberg. From shoes to jewelry to tampons, here's some more BOGO(for someone else).
- •TOMSOne for One™, as you probably already know. Today you can buy their sunglasses and improve someone's eyesight, buy coffee and donate clean water, or shop online in the TOMS marketplace and empower artisans. TOMS.com
- •Warby ParkerBuy a pair of incredibly chic glasses and you're donating a pair to someone in need. WarbyParker.com
- •Conscious.Buy a box of safe, organic and biodegradable tampons and donate biodegradable pads to a homeless woman. Consciousperiod.com
For my best friend and current significant other @christina_ac
- •First thing's first: for him to be a manIt's not always about age but time usually turns men into boys because scar tissue and a little travel makes the heart gentler and the eyesight sharper so he can both feel you and see you as you should be felt and seen.
- •CultureI don't actually care about where he's from or not from but I do care that he's grown up knowing and seeing things that meant something to him and his loved ones because that's the only way he'll be able to appreciate your things. And for you to develop your own things. It's language, it's history, it's the smell of something eccentric cooking in the oven, and it's an awareness of someone else's languages, history, and eccentric food smells that aren't his own.
- •FeminismNeed I say more?
Inspired by @christina_ac
- •Bartending alsoThought for a good minute whether even going this far back is interesting but he did take my virginity so I guess that counts for something
- •Professional frat boyWas never my boyfriend but he's next chronologically and it's mean to leave people out
- •Recently released from the IDF and so probably serving coffeeIn order to save enough money to backpack through South America for a year. He might choose Southeast Asia but it's hard to know. Other possibilities: sitting on the couch watching tv and laughing even though he's not listening/understanding, hiking all of Israel penniless, and/or perhaps trying to be a tour guide of the desert.
This is the absolute best first list you could have dreamed up for me
- •Fried Green TomatoesObviously
- •ElizabethSaw that one coming, right?
- •DreamgirlsIt just came to me--Arclight theater and everything