The Songs that are most important to me
Thanks for this request! I'm sorry it took me a while. In the order they came to my mind.
- •99 Luftballons - NenaThis was my first concert ever. I think I was about 9 and went with my mum, my aunt and a friend of theirs. I remember the anticipation, waiting for Nena to get on stage and how disappointed I was when she finished the concert without playing this song. But then she came back for the encore and played it. It was great.
- •Vanilla Twilight - Owl CityI know that this is technically a love song, but to me, it's one of the songs that remind me most of my former best friend. She was the one introducing me to it when we were still friends but then we grew apart and I'm okay with that now. But when I hear this song it still hurts a little.
- •Elle me dit - MikaThis was one of the songs they played again and again in the radio when I spent two months in France in 9th grade. And it will forever remind me of those amazing times.
- •Welcome to my life - Sunrise AvenueNever ever fails to make me cry when I see them play this live. Or sometimes even if I'm just listening to it on my own. It just touches a really special chord in my heart.
- •Never seen anything quite like you - The ScriptThis is one of the most beautiful love songs I ever heard. And if I ever get married, I please want to dance my wedding waltz to this song.
- •Rock Paper Scissors - KatzenjammerWhen I was younger, I kinda misunderstood this song but still got the message. To me, it was about me and two of my best friends deciding to follow our dreams. @theworldofann dream being (to) rock, mine being (to write on) paper and another friends being (doing many creative things with) scissors.
- •Replay - IyazIt's the song we played up and down when we went skiing with our whole class in 7th grade. It was a blast and this song will forever remind me of that.
- •Dancing Queen - ABBAThat's the song that made me a fan of them.
- •California Girls - Katy Perry/Waka Waka - ShakiraThese were our summer hits in 2010 which was one of the best summers of my life, wasn't it, @Magalie ?
- •And probably a lot more that are connected to amazing memories but that I can't think of right now...