My 2.5 year old (Finn) is a chatty guy and has a bit of a unique take on the English language. I have to admit, some of his changes are for the better.
- •"Jumpoline" (Trampoline)I mean, this one just makes sense. I do an awful lot more jumping on a trampoline than tramping.
- •"Dammy" (Mommy and Daddy)It only makes perfect sense for him to have one word for addressing both of us. This is just efficient and economical.
- •"Birsty" (Thirsty)I don't understand the genesis of this one, but the b sound at the beginning definitely allows for more emphasis. Usually said "Dammy, I'm real, real BIRsty."
- •"I was nap" (I was sleeping)I like to think rest time for him is more of a state of being rather than just a simple action.
- •"Dinosword" (sword)Somehow makes the weapon sound even more BA.
- •"Presto" (magic wand)I have no clue where this one came from but it's adorable as hell.
- •“Pray to me” (Pray for me, at bedtime)This one’s a bit awkward.