NEIL GAIMAN BOOKS, RANKED
I love Neil Gaiman. Hearing him speak was one of the best nights of my life. I didn't include short story collections on here because those are so hard to judge.
- •The Ocean at the End of the LaneHaunting and beautiful. Heartbreaking look at the loss of childhood innocence.
- •StardustIt's like a new Princess Bride. So clever and charming. I'll never forget what Yvaine says when she falls to earth.
- •The Graveyard BookGaiman has a special way of finding the levity in even the saddest of stories. This is a perfect example of that.
- •American GodsThe first Gaiman book I ever read. It captured my imagination from the very beginning.
- •Blueberry GirlI didn't include all of his children's books on this list. But I know a real life Blueberry Girl and so I had to put this one on. Also, this book makes me cry EVERY time I read it.
- •NeverwhereSuch a grand adventure! It's been too long since I've read this one.
- •CoralineSo creepy. Gaiman always knows what will send a shiver down your spine and a doppelgänger family with buttons for eyes will certainly do it.
- •Anansi BoysDoesn't quite capture the magic of American Gods, but the family aspect is very well done.