ONE CHILDHOOD MEMORY I WOULD GO BACK AND RELIVE
The year was 1990.
- •So many people have concert memories of some amazingly talented artists.Prince, Michael Jackson, New Kids on the Block
- •My concert memory was a bit... different.
- •But as far as I'm concerned, I saw gods among men.
- •Yes, I'm referring to the Ninja Turtles Coming Outta Their Shells Tour.In hindsight, I've realized that the title is a bit suggestive.
- •My memories are a little hazy, but everything I remember was incredible.Sparkles. Instruments. Jean jackets. Is doesn't get better.
- •This was performance art at its highest form.It wasn't just music, there was a story.
- •April was there.Possibly my first legit crush.
- •Shredder too!He had seen better days, tbh.
- •There was action, adventure, and kickass songs.
- •Of course I bought the soundtrack.On cassette tape, natch.
- •Icing on the cake:A multitude of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Game cabinets.
- •This game isn't perfect, but for a large portion of my young life it was the best thing I ever played.
- •We were pretty poor growing up, so I'm not sure how my parents could afford tickets, but I'm eternally grateful.Probably going to call them today just to say thanks again.