Requirements to Be a 90s Worship Leader
Gleaned from a lifetime of experiences at contemporary church services.
- •Ability to make worship lyric transparency sheets.Old school.
- •Ability to do that thing when you try out a new song and say the next verse really quickly before you sing it."Lordweliftyournameonhigh... 🎶 Lord, we lift your name on high 🎶"
- •Ability to make witty, vapid small talk before greeting time.
- •Ability to exhibit some serious passive-aggressiveness when your mic goes out or there's an AV issue."Seems like the team in the booth decided to sleep in this morning! Thanks for nothing, Gary!"
- •Ability to read the room and know when to bust out the good shit."Lord I Lift Your Name on High", anyone?
- •Ability to end your prayer with the perfect segue leading to the next worship song."... and that's why I am thankful that we serve... an Awesome God. 🎶 Our God is an awesome God... 🎶"
- •Ability to find the perfect secular songs that can be contorted into being considering a "worship song.""That Vertical Horizons song could totally be about Jesus because HE is everything we want."
- •Ability to grow a goatee.Obvi