THINGS THAT MAKE ME FEEL LEGIT LIKE A GROWN ASS ADULT
I'm 31 so at some point I shouldn't be surprised that I consider myself an adult, right?
- •Renting a carFor real? You're just going to let me use this car for a while? Ok.
- •Buying produceBecause I'm a healthy af adult.
- •Reading a newspaperSomething about reading outdated news while holding a big ass piece of paper feels dignified.
- •Picking my own churchBonus points for having to seriously consider the childcare situation as a part of the decision.
- •Drinking black coffeeAin't nobody got time for cream and sugar! I've got important adult things to do!
- •Doing my taxesShouldn't this be harder? Maybe it's easy for me because I don't own property, stocks, or a yacht?
- •ParentingJust every aspect.
- •Being awake before the sun comes up for 99% of the last 6 years of mornings.Suggested by @BWN_7
- •Being a AAA member.Suggested by @gayla
- •Making an appointment to go to the doctors/dentist/etc by myself.And actually going.Suggested by @michellejennifer
- •Buying a book of stampsSuggested by @kate81
- •Making marinara from scratch and not from a jar....Suggested by @classyAF
- •Being older than the bandI still remember the first time this happened--the band wasn't old enough to drink, and I was standing there in the audience with a beer. (These days sometimes I'm old enough to have *birthed* the band. That has taken some getting used to, too!)Suggested by @cordeliane