Things I'm into this week
- •My baby boy BearHe was born about a week ago and due to complications, has significant and sever brain damage. It's been a roller coaster of emotions. We gave him a strong name because he has been so strong through all the crap he has been through thus far.
- •DoughnutsThe kind you sit on, not the kind you eat. Having a kid vacuumed out of your who-ha makes for a rough recovery.
- •NursesSpending tons of time in the NICU, the nurses make this place run. They have been my teachers, my and Bear's advocates and caretakers, and my support.
- •RosèI missed summer nights on a patio drinking due to pregnancy, and nothing tastes better than some wine after a day at the NICU.
- •Hospital cafeteria foodIt's not that good, but it makes me happy it is affordable. Families are already spending an arm and a leg if they are in the hospital, so knowing they aren't being gouged on food is nice. I recommend the salad bar or tater tot Thursday.
- •My husbandI'm into him every week, but he has been my rock through this. He is amazing in every way. Bear and I are lucky to have him in our lives. Hopefully Bear inherits his strength, determination, and red hair.