thoughts as I head to my 25 year class reunion
As I type this, my awesome mom is driving us 720 miles to our old hometown so she can hang out with her sister for a couple of days while I attend my high school reunion...so many feels
- •How did this happen? 25 Years???
- •Does my (awesome) mom drive this aggressively when she has my kids in the car? The tailgating gives me cause for concern...
- •Really, how hard could it possibly be to paint my toenails right now?
- •I hope the reunion doesn't include playing the Billboard Top 100 songs from 1991 on a constant loop. Let's be honest, it wasn't a banner year.
- •How is it possible that I-81 through Pennsylvania has been under construction for 18 years?
- •My goal for the evening is to achieve the perfect amount of tipsy, but first I should probably eat some real food. Easy Cheese on a Triscuit (while a tasty and traditional road trip snack) isn't going to be enough.
- •My mom's light suggestion that we listen to music through her iHeartRadio app has actually worked out surprisingly well. So far.
- •I wish this reunion happened three years ago when I was still working out.
- •I hope the reunion is a good time (or at least not terrible). Regardless, I'm psyched to spend some time with a couple of my old besties and it was great to road trip with my (awesome) mom.