Utterly Dependent. Thanks Dietrich Bonhoeffer!
My husband's back went out on Sunday. He's been in a lot of pain and it's been really hard on all of us.
- •I'm sitting now for a few minutes of peace outside of the grocery store without my kids...See the hanging flowers? Paradise!
- •and I just read this...I rewrote it into my journal because handwriting is good for the brain and the soul.
- •I'm grateful for:
- •Dr. WeirOur friend and Chiropractor who saw my husband on his day off to give him an adjustment
- •KyleWho carried my husband's guitar equipment out to the car for him after it happened
- •JoeWho texted to check in. He also told me I should consider putting my husband down because medical bills are expensive. Joe gets me.
- •KatyWho brought us groceries that night, and WINE!
- •KristinWho brought us a pizza and prayed for us
- •LexieOur housemate who had DRUGS left over from a surgery and who watched our kids so I could take my husband to see his regular doc
- •DRUGSThe ones we stole from Lexie AND the ones the doctor actually prescribed
- •Anam CarasSo many SOUL FRIENDS who texted and prayed and encouraged us.
- •Gratitude changes things!It's good to read letters that were written from prison during World War II when you start to feel like you're having a crappy week. Thanks Dietrich Bonhoeffer!