Best places to go for an inconspicuous public crying session
Because we don't always want to buy spicy food when we need to cry
- •Pet storesJust fake some allergies. WARNING: may be detrimental to health if you actually have allergies
- •OptometristYou're not crying, you've just had your eyes dilated, and with any luck you can snag a bottle of saline to hold the next time you need a good cry. People will just think you've got eye problems and that's better, right?
- •Any wedding related storeThis one depends on how cynical you think other people are. Do they see tears of joy, or the death of love?
- •Improv comedy clubYou can really let it out here, the more dramatic the better. Bonus points if you can get those improv obsessed people to join in and make it a whole thing.
- •Any body of waterHide your tears in that salty brine, or YMCA pool, but preferably salty brine
- •Art museumsYou've witnessed true beauty, or something like that.
- •Anywhere, on a yoga matCrying meditation is a thing, so have at it. I hear "fake it till you make it" is the hip way to transcend yourself these days