Best advice I've ever received (well, at least some of it)
Because you get it, even when you aren't asking for it.
- •Love is sometimes not enough.I have learned this to be true. You can love someone and know, at the same time, that the relationship is just not that great.
- •Read the textbook.I apply this to manuals now. Seriously, when I would just sit down and actually read the book that applies to my upcoming lesson, I got it! If I didn't, I was hating life until I figured out what the hell was going on in that chapter. Haha! Just read the book.
- •You are who you hang out with.I used to hate this, but I have to believe this is true. I like hanging out with like minded individuals. However, I also know that I would do horrible in situations that may cause trouble for or to me. I, undoubtedly, have had to let those friends go out of guilt by association. It sucks, but everyone moves on with their lives.
- •Tomorrow is not a promise.I went to church with a friend and heard this during their youth worship. It wasn't so much a religious speech. The speech was about being a good person, make good choices, be someone that help others and who aren't selfish. If we knew we were going to die tomorrow, isn't that what we'd want to do? The teen speaker, don't know who she was, totally sold me on living life for today.
- •The hardest part after the end of a relationship is finding out who you are without that person. It won't happen over night, but it will happen.And it may feel like it takes forever, but when it happens, your whole being knows it!
- •A lot of people are going to want to give you advice but, in the end, you are the one who will make the decision best for you.I got this advice when I was pregnant with my first child. It's funny how it can be applied to so many things.
- •The first five years of marriage is the hardest, so be ready to work.I am still working on it. After 3 years of marriage, and many ups and downs, I still don't feel out of the woods.
- •Don't cut your bangs.I do this every time I get the urge to cut my hair. I think that it will remind me that I look horrible with bangs and short hair. Then I cut them and highly regret having to regrow my hair. I need to just stop, but I can't (seeing that I cut them yesterday... oops!)