The Times My Heart Broke Reading as a Child
Looking back I was either a really emo kid, or there are a lot of sad moments in children's/ young adult literature. Warning- spoilers exist.
- •Beth dies in Little Women
- •Jack the brindled bulldog dies in Little House on the Prairie
- •Matthew buys the dress for Anne in Anne of Green Gables- it is such a lovely moment for them. And then I get sad because I know what is coming...which brings me to 4-
- •Matthew dies in Anne of Green Gables
- •Old Yeller's Fate. I can't read this book or watch the movie as a grownup. Too many tears