FIVE WORST BOOKS I READ IN 2015
This is a non ranked list of the worst books that I read in 2015. I don't often finish books that I do not like. Here is a list of the five that I decided I had to finish. 😔
- •Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingHarry has finally become insufferable. I wish that I had read this series when I was young. Trying to get through this series now has become as if I'm trudging through sludge, uphill.
- •No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda JulyI had high hopes for this collection of stories. A lot of them just seemed undeveloped and flat. Darn.
- •The Road to Los Angeles by John FanteOk. John Fante was one of my favorite authors three years ago. This book was not good. I hated it actually. I'd skip this book, even if you're reading his entire catalog. Just skip this.
- •After the Quake by Haruki MurakamiThese stories just didn't land. Like Miranda July, I had high hopes after hearing people rave about Murakami, but high expectations might have caused my dislike of this collection. This was my first Murakami, and I think I started in the wrong place. I want to read a novel of his. There are so many to choose from.
- •The Paper Man by Gallagher LawsonThis was yet another book I wanted to read and had high expectations of. I had to make a conscious effort to finish this, and I didn't know why I wasn't loving it. Maybe it just wasn't my thing.