I'm struggling with a thought right now- this is my strength of consciousness.
- •I've never been one to have many friendsI keep a small group of friends and that's how I like it
- •I like my friends like I like my...whateverStrong and opinionated.
- •We moved about a year ago and, at 36, I find myself without any real friends locally.
- •I have a BFF in my mom but it's not the same as a peer.
- •My SO is great, but not a female BFF
- •My SOs best friend's wife is great but we never had friend chemistry.We have a relationship built on respect (and wine) and she's a great friend but she's not a BFF
- •There are women I like in my child's school's mom group- but no one I can really 'be real' with
- •This all started when I was left out of 2 different activities with different social groups.Insecurities arose.
- •Then I start to think that my mom had the same thing.
- •Is it some learned emotional wall I put up?
- •Is it just that when you live in a place where you don't have life long friends and you're a working mom- everything else comes first?
- •Is it because I am just too opinionated and women (specifically in the suburbs) are offended by it?
- •Maybe it's anxiety around large social gatherings because I come from a small family where I was the only child?
- •Maybe I should just get over myself and figure out how to make some new friends?