Guadalupe Mountain National Park
Highlights from Guadalupe Mountain adventure
- •Rabbits and lizards are the squirrels of natureAlways running across the "road" just as you approach
- •I love that my phone had no receptionI believe in disconnecting, being present, and not being pinged as tat conference call starts back in the real world.
- •Because in the real world this doesn't happen without a phone in the other hand
- •Rattlesnakes are best left uninterrupted
- •Afternoon naps are frequent after a great hike.
- •Trail conditions were excellent. Thank you National Park Services!
- •When walking to the restroom before bed if you see 2 eyes glistening in the near distance, convince yourself it's a deer and walk briskly.
- •Climbing trees beats a playground any day, any time.
- •My daughter learned that mental toughness can get you through your tougher moments when your body says "no"Honey BBQ chicken jerky helps too.
- •When picking your freeze dried meals, do not get the curry. It is inedible and will forever stain your camp bowl.
- •Stopping in the trail for photos will result in photos like this. The bugs encourage you to stop.
- •Instead of this