Songs from my life
In no particular order
- •Thriller by Michael JacksonTrue story- I accidentally saw this video as a young child. I was terrified. I also was convinced it was a movie for years. My grandpa made me watch an HBO special about the making of the video and I now love scary movies.
- •Brick by Ben Folds FiveThis song makes me cry every time. It's not from personal experience nor am I judging anyone or thinking about "dead babies." It's just so heart wrenching. Ugh.
- •Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla IceThis was a team competition song. It was clear that cliques were forming and who the "elites" were, etc. FYI not me 🤓
- •Fly Away by Sugar RayThis is the only song to blare in a red convertible.
- •American Woman by Lenny KravitzA kickass song from my youth.
- •Faith by George MichaelMy mother loved GM. We would sing along in the car all the time and she would let me sing the curse words!
- •I'll be there for you by The RembrandtsFriends theme. Obviously. I didn't get into this show until after it was off the air and in reruns, but still a favorite. I'm sorry that I never realized there was no diversity. If I had, then I probably would have never given it the time of day.
- •Welcome to the Jungle by Guns n RosesThis is the first song where I recognized that it was about a "seedy" kind of lifestyle.
- •Waterfall by TLCCompletely ego based. This is the first song that someone complimented my singing voice.
- •I wanna grow old with you by Adam SandlerIf I ever decide to get married this is the only song I could imagine dancing to with Danny.
- •Fighter by Christina AguilleraGirl power. I was a bit angry over some workplace harassment and general sexist environment and this song helped me be strong on a daily basis.
- •Picture by Sheryl Crow and Kid RockBreakup song from the first guy I thought I loved.
- •Your love is a song by SwitchfootA bit random but this was my daughter's first favorite "real" song. There's a video. It's phenomenally cute.
- •Yeah by UsherMid 20s. Nightclubs. BFFs. Drinking. Going back to the club to get your car. Just good ole single life stuff.
- •New York by Alicia KeysI send to play it over and over while I saved money to move there. 🚖
- •Mad World by Gary JoulesLove this song, the original Tears for Fears and even Adam Lambert's version. But when SYTYCD did it a few seasons ago it was so powerful!
- •Turn down for What by Lil JohnFirst hip hop song my daughter loved which in turn caused my SO to blast it every morning out of his Jeep on the way to her school. FYI he is definitely not a fan of the genre. Fatherly love. ❤️
- •On eagle's wings (church song)The song I remember from my grandfather's funeral.