What can I get for you honey? And other sexist experiences
- •You probably need some driving lessons.Really?! My record is pretty clean. My SO has had about 4 accidents in 2y. Know how many times men have asked him if he needed driving lessons. I do- ZERO!
- •Are you going to be a stay at home mom?When telling my boss that my SO is being transferred and we're moving.
- •Shaken, not ignoredBusiness meeting. Only woman. Completely ignored when everyone is shaking hands and exchanging names. Awkward when I stick my hand out after everyone is done and state my name.
- •Not ignored.Can you take notes? The answer is always no.
- •When are you two going to tie the knot?Okay, 9y and a kid and v. happy so I understand why the question is asked. The question itself is not inherently sexist, but why do people (men and women) always ask me? Not my SO?
- •And you let him ...?Ha!
- •He (fill in the blank with any task associated as being feminine)?Yes. He is a fully functioning adult and can do just about anything just as you or I can.