MY FOUR YEAR OLD COUSIN WATCHING ME GET READY
- •'Are you putting makeup on so your friends don't have to see the spots (freckles) on your face?'
- •'No, why?'
- •'That's what mummy says.'
- •'No, I just like to wear it. Lots of girls do. But some boys do too. If you want to wear makeup, you can.'Realised half way through I wasn't being gender neutral and tried to fix it.
- •'...oh. But you have freckles on your arms too. Why don't you put makeup on there too?'He kind of has a good point.
- •Then he made me put my 'special face cream' on him too.