How to Seem as Important as Everyone Else at a Photoshoot
When you are the writer there's a lot of hanging around. The trick is to never look like you're hanging around.
- •Wear black. You can't be bothered!
- •Cross your arms and scan the room meaningfully
- •Walk in and out of the studio very briskly even if you are just going to the bathroom or if you're lucky the juice bar
- •Get a juice but then abandon it immediately. You're too slammed!
- •Crowd around the monitor even if you have not been invited to
- •Pretend to be taking notes for "color" when really you are writing down actual colors the makeup artists are using on the celebrity with skin tone closest to yours
- •When everyone else is looking at their phones, look at your phone. Appear stylishly overburdened as you urgently tap out a comment on your friend's Instagram
- •When the photographer says that's a wrap, clap along like they couldn't have done this without you but it's not your way to make a big deal about it
- •Ask someone "how are we on time?"
- •Tell someone else "we're good on time"
- •Act like double cheek kisses are your MO. Would you be at a photo shoot if they weren't?
- •Look at phone, then stifle a tiny laugh. Once you know someone saw you having fun, look at them like they aren't doing their job and then stomp stomp stomp away. 💁Suggested by @alexandrafiber
- •Overhear information. Pass it on to others that are further from the action, knowingly. (e.g. "We're about to move on to the 3rd look." Or (with a skeptical face): "the light is a little inconsistent.")Suggested by @LeighBelz