WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING ABOUT THE MIZZOU PROTESTS IF YOU'RE A WHITE PERSON
As Shaun King said, "if you ever wonder who you would be or what you would do if you lived during the Civil Rights Movement, stop. You are living in that time, right now."
- •Pay attentionKnow the names Jonathan Butler and Deray McKesson and know what "Concerned Student 1950" means
- •Spread the messageRT, share, repost what black activists are saying
- •Educate othersIt's not POCs' job to educate you and your friends
- •Shut down microagressors and people posting against this movement
- •Join local protests
- •Echo what POC are saying, don't make this about you and your experienceIf you are white, you're not the face of this movement. Stand in the back and support it, but don't fight for the mic