Li.sters of LA: I'm looking for training/classes/something for music/arts facilitation...
Really could have used the relist option on this one
- •So I'm heading to LA next month for a while to pitch a thingBut that's not what this list is about.
- •I had a profoundly moving experience this year working at the refugee camp in Calais, FranceI only made one list about it, here: WHAT I LOVE ABOUT MUSIC The whole thing was too massive for lists. I'm still working on the writing I started there.
- •And it's made me think it's possibly what I should really be doing on this earthOr at least doing something that genuinely helps other people rather than focusing most, if not all, of my resources on career hustle.
- •Specifically: I'm interested in looking at bringing music or other arts to environments like that.I had originally planned to volunteer in Calais with the company who set up a theatre in the camp, Good Chance, but the theatre was destroyed in the demolitions just before I got there, and the company weren't taking new volunteers at that point.
- •But I don't know how to teach music or drama at all, let alone in those kinds of settings.
- •SO: does anyone have any ideas of training or classes or something I can do in LA while I'm there pitching?I'll be there from the last Sunday in November until...?
- •DMs and longer chats about it are very welcome.
- •Here is a cute gif to thank you for your attention.