PHOTO HIGHLIGHTS OF 72 GLORIOUS HOURS IN NEW YORK
- •Pilgrimaged here. Had emotions.
- •Took this forbidden selfie.I made the Troy-meeting-LeVar-Burton face pretty much the whole time I was there.
- •Took this other forbidden selfie.
- •I think a Buddhist monk told me to YOLO, which...um...? (no photo for this.)
- •Took an extraordinarily wonderful yoga class with Elena Brower here.
- •Saw this excellent human in Matilda on Broadway.
- •Saw the biggest googly eyes ever in his dressing room.
- •Ate the best bagel/drank the best coffee (almond milk cortado) at Black Seed.
- •Picnicked in Central Park with college friends. Josh brought things to set up and was delighted with himself.
- •And the guys played spikeball.
- •And I serenaded this baby with ukulele covers of Regina Spektor songs while her mother harmonized with me.
- •WORE A BADASS CAPE
- •Went to John Cameron Mitchell's last performance as Hedwig on Broadway with this gorgeous man (about to tear it up in Stonewall and the next season of Penny Dreadful).
- •The atmosphere inside and outside was ELECTRIC.
- •Had the most intense theatrical experience of my life at Hedwig. I don't even have words for it. Or a picture. JCM's performance was like exponentially beyond anything else I've seen live. I can't even call it number 1 in a list of top 10 or something. It's just another realm entirely.Fully ugly-cried about five times, too.
- •I do have this picture, which is of the post-curtain call bonus song with Stephen Trask on piano. They did "Satellite of Love."
- •Randomly saw Billy Eichner filming a bit of Billy on the Street. No photo since I was on the phone.
- •Made this list at the airport.