Signage of today's March for Choice to Repeal the 8th in Dublin
The 8th amendment to the Irish Constitution equates the life of the unborn fetus to the life of the mother. This means abortions cannot be carried out in cases of fatal fetal abnormalities, rape, incest, or threat to life of the mother, let alone as a matter of choice. Early estimates of march turnout are approx 100,000: 2% of the population!
- •THE BESTBodily autonomy is the right of all sentient beings.—Uterus Prime (I seriously want this made into a big plexiglass necklace or something)
- •A close secondDon't blame me, I voted for Kodos
- •TopicalThe Grindr thing: http://www.thejournal.ie/maynooth-atmosphere-grindr-poisonous-2911475-Aug2016/. The ferries thing: women who seek an abortion must go to abroad, typically to England, for the procedure
- •Artists represent!
- •There's always a Father Ted reference at an Irish protest...
- •...here's another one
- •I feel Leslie Knope would approve
- •My favourite slogan prior to encountering Uterus PrimeNot the Church, Not the State, Women Should Decide Their Fate
- •And finally...IT'S 2016 FOR FUCK'S SAKE
- •BONUS: a handy pictorial explanation of the 8th:Part 1
- •Part 2