Surprise trip to Berlin next weekend! Top tips?
My friend is going for work and they said they'd pay for a plus one for him. Score.
- •It's my first time!Every year I say I'm going to go to Berlin and I never do and I finally am and I've done no planning because I just got the offer an hour ago!
- •I know I'm going to go here.Vegan doner kebab!
- •That's all I know.
- •Suggestions?Things I like to pursue in a city: vegan food, art, live events, theatre, taking 35mm photographs. Things I can take or leave: drinking, super-touristy things, massive crowds of people, sceney nonsense.
- •The Jewish MuseumIt was a really profound experience, and I'm not even Jewish. Beautiful art and architecture, all layered with meaning.Suggested by @ashlynparish
- •The Pergamon museum. Also, the bar at the Adlon Hotel.Suggested by @sharris
- •Checkpoint Charlie!! And the Christmas shop oh and Alexanderplatz has several beer gardens and so cheap 😁Suggested by @lazten
- •bonanza or the barn for coffee, lucky leek is a great upmarket vegan spot, vego foodworld for dirt cheap vegan junk food, veganz for all your vegan supermarket needs, the bar at the michelberger is lovely & nice to hang out in, make sure you drink some fritz kola (melon flavoured!) & there are photoautomatik b&w booths everywhere so seek them out!Suggested by @aprylhm
- •oh! and ice cream from kontor, visit the the neues museum & the KW institute and this cafe called let it be does amazing vegan food.Suggested by @aprylhm
- •Man. There is an old, bombed out department store that has been turned into an art gallery. Super cool, but I forgot the name. I'm sure if you asked some locals, they can point you in the right direction.Suggested by @toneisdead