Alaska: A Brief Report
Visiting a second time, the shock of "holy cow, it's gorgeous" has worn off just slightly, and I can identify more Alaskan things.
- •People just don't sleep here.Land of the midnight sun is not a joke. My internal clock isn't off; it's broken.
- •Bears are large and scary and wild.
- •Pregnant women shoot bears with pellet guns from the decks of their house.I watched this happen twice.
- •I finally saw a moose.
- •The Alaskan phrase for a wimp/non-native is "cheechako."
- •It is hard to find fresh produce here.Good, Colorado beer had been known to go bad by the time it gets here. 😔
- •I want to take lots and lots of pictures, but it just doesn't translate the beauty of the real-life experience as well.
- •Alaska does cool things at graduation.Go Seawolves!
- •Friends who move to Alaska for college and then graduate are awesome.