Current Dream Jobs
I love, love, love my job teaching, but here are some other job options that have been on my mind lately.
- •College English ProfessorProbably the most realistic from this list. I would have a quirky, little office with a fun lamp and a poodle named Arthur. I'd either specialize in British Romantic/Victorian Lit., Contemporary (Jazz Age) American Lit., or creative writing.
- •News AnchorThis was my nerdy, elementary school-self's dream job. I used to take the Kids Newsweek magazines home and read them out loud in my room like I was reporting the news. 📰
- •Switchfoot Tour AssociateBasically any job where I get to follow my favorite band around while they're on tour would rock.
- •Professional/Published Writer
- •Work/Intern with Pemberley DigitalThey have put together incredible, modern, web series versions of classic literature--would be a blast.
- •Work/Intern with Riot StudiosThey want to make funny, thought-provoking films--would be awesome to be apart of this group.
- •The person who picks up important people from the airportWhen bands, artists, speakers, important people visit places/ venues they have someone who gets them where they need to be and makes sure they have coffee and food and other important things...Who does this? Event coordinators?
- •Storm ChaserBecause tornados/extreme weather are freaking cool.
- •Middle/High School Theater DirectorMostly so I can dramatically yell stage directions and acting notes at my students. And put the fear of God in them when they don't memorize their lines. And have come-to-Jesus speeches when they don't sing well.