Currently Listening To...
- •Andrew BirdThis is my zen/thinking/writing soundtrack. The Echolocations: Canyon album is phenomenal.
- •Justin BieberPurpose. Yes, it's really very good and not bad musicianship either. For dancing: Sorry, What Do You Mean?, Company, Where Are You Now?. For inspiration: Purpose, Life is Worth Living, Children. For singing: pretty much all of them, but definitely Love Yourself.
- •One DirectionMade in the A.M | Fun, heartfelt, a little sassy at times. Love "History" and "What a Feeling" is funky.
- •The Royal ConceptSmile | They're from Sweden and they embody downright fun and dance well. Their live show is what sold me. Hurricane and Fashion are so fun.
- •Sleeping at LastSo much more than just covers (though those are great). Works are created in a large scale and often with concept albums. Always a plus. And the "Many Beautiful Things" soundtrack is gorgeous, mesmerizing, and peace-bringing.
- •José GonzálezFell in love with his work after "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty." Always solid.
- •CrowderCrowder's Neon Porch Extravaganza | Some of the same, great tunes, but the live versions take you out to his front porch with some tea and fireflies close behind.
- •Jon ForemanAlways. Songwriting is stellar, vocals are warming and haunting in the same record, thinking is hopeful and beautiful. The 24 hours EPs are a must listen. In order or not, they are worth your time: Sunlight, Shadows, Darkness, Dawn.
- •SwitchfootAgain, always. Any album. All day. Everyday. Love Alone is Worth the Fight is a personal mantra and comfort.