Old Testament Bible Stories I Want to Retell in Modern Novels/short Stories
- •JonahAlready on draft #4 of this short story, but it takes place in a desert instead of at sea/on the coast. Jonah is still a punk.
- •The Tower of BabelSet in a futuristic? society with the divisions of class (race & language) after the fall of the tower as the focal point.
- •David & BathshebaA jealous, and probably dissatisfied young king, a love triangle, murder, war...what more could you want?
- •EstherThe poor girl was basically taken into prostitution and bondage and then proceeded to lead her people in a rebellion. #theoriginalhungergames
- •David and JonathanOne of the original bromances. Also some murder plots, war, and espionage.
- •DanielAfter his people are taken over, he is spared because he's: attractive/talented/intelligent/etc. then he becomes a trusted advisor to the new leader and has to grapple with allegiances. Fire, war, no shortage of crazy dreams.