MY HEART IS HEAVY
Inspired by @Lisa_Fav 's list about her friends in Brussels
- •I'm so sad it is this way
- •And I am deliberately saying "is" this way
- •Because it does not HAVE to be this way
- •I am heartbroken for everyone in Brussels, and for people like @Lisa_Fav who have to text their friends about their safety
- •I am sad for everyone experiencing the tragedies that occur every day around the worldWhether firsthand or secondhand
- •The tragedies that we know about, and those that we don'tThe ones that are small, and the ones that are large. They ALL matter.
- •The bombing in Istanbul just the other day is very close to my heart
- •I have an aunt who lives in the states, but her whole family is from TurkeyAnd most of them live right in Istanbul
- •They are some of the kindest, most caring, wonderful people that I know
- •I shouldn't have to check with my uncle to see if everyone is safe
- •I shouldn't have to text my aunt about the safety of her family
- •My heart is so heavy
- •I don't have all of the answers...
- •But something has to change.