REACTION TO NOT GETTING INTO TOP NURSING PROGRAM AT NORTHEASTERN
Also known as "Who is Tom Ryan?"
- •Open e-mail
- •Read, digest, blink, blink and keep blinking
- •Sigh a bunch of times--very deep, very dramaticEspecially because they accepted me into the program that I did not apply for. It's like they are saying, "good try, here's your consolation prize !!!
- •Close e-mail and drive brother to work, say nothing on the way there
- •Happily drive home because you're in denialAnd it feels like spring so that's nice 🌻🌺🌿🌼
- •Send mom a quick, pissed off text
- •Re-read e-mail just to make sure
- •See that the recipient line says: Tom Ryan...I'm NOT Tom Ryan !!So I call the school and leave a message just in case
- •Mom calls, I hear her voice, I cry😭😭😭
- •"Mom, I'm not Tom Ryan !!!!!"
- •She assures me it could be a mistake and to give it timeShe's cool calm and collected like that
- •I eat my cereal and think about Tom Ryan. I feel bad for him--maybe he is rejected and I'm not ??
- •I use the magic of the internet to find Tom Ryan
- •I really was rejected.
- •Clearly I was BCC'd on the e-mail...
- •Tom works for the school I applied to...He is the site director for the School of Health Sciences...well shit.
- •Le sigh.