AFTER GERMAN CLASS, I WILL...
Shit made possible by legit language instruction. 🇧🇪🇺🇸
- •Grocery shop without having to use a translator app.I'm 99.9% accurate at deciphering allergens contained in foods (one of my kids has food allergies), but sometimes I don't know what something quite is... And the drink recycling machine beeps at me a lot.
- •Make reservations at our local haunt in German.Do you know how frustrating it is to be told (in German) "Can you call back in ten minutes when my English speaking brother is here?" and be unable to reply in German?
- •Not feel a fresh wave of anxiety every time I think of traveling in Getmany somewhere outside of our areaOur community in Germany is the largest population of Americans outside the US.
- •Be able to yell things in German during childbirthI picture a midwife saying something in German that for some reason sets me off, and then I'll fire back at them, and they'll be all shocked. It'll be a glorious moment, and it won't happen. Not like that anyway.
- •Never use German when I move back to the USExcept when Americans who know German speak it. Except at all the Oktoberfest events I will attend.