MY FIVE MINUTES OF FAME 😎
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •In high school I volunteered a couple times for a charity haunted house
- •Proceeds benefited MS in some capacityHigh-school-me couldn't be bothered to figure out whether it went to patients, research, etc.
- •Just looked it up and,at least now, proceeds from Hangman's House of Horrors go to a few different non-MS charities.It's been like...20 years http://www.hangmans.com/charities.html
- •This particular year (1997), I was dressed as a clown.I was in a child's room set up. People entered from a hallway into the more open child's room. I would jump out as people entered the room.
- •A new group was coming through, the last group of the night.I hid, getting ready to scare someone good.
- •I jumped out and...DIMEBAG DARRELL
- •Super bright goatee. A little shorter than me, surprisingly.
- •He hugged me.
- •He exclaimed, "You're the scariest thing I've seen all night," in the happiest voice. And said "Thanks" and "keep it up."I was too stunned to say anything.
- •I had Cowboys from Hell, Vulgar Display of Power, Far Beyond Driven at home...
- •Other volunteers came through a few minutes afterward, bearing Pantera guitar picks.
- •I didn't get one, but I did get that little moment with a bonafide guitar hero.
- •RIP, Dimebag Darrell.