LINES FROM HAMILTON THAT ALWAYS GET STUCK IN MY HEAD
These are not my favorite lines. Just lines that I can't get out of my brain for whatever reason.
- •"There woulda been nothing left to do for someone less astute""Alexander Hamilton." Say this three times fast.
- •"We put a stop to the bleeding as the British take Brooklyn, knight takes rook but look...""Right Hand Man." I love how they rhyme rook and look with BROOKlyn
- •"Now my life gets better every letter that you write me""Helpless." This line is adorable and I would have totally related if Hamilton came out while I was writing my missionary. Eliza and Alex worked out better than we did. Maybe. Depends who you ask.
- •"We rendezvous with Rochambeau consolidate their gifts""Guns and Ships." The only part from this song I can sing along to.
- •"Bright young man" "Yo who the eff is this""Non-Stop." Mostly because I think this phrase at least once a day
- •"Would you like to join us or stay mellow doin whatever the hell it is you do in Monticello""Cabinet Battle #1." Going to Monticello next month can't wait to say this every five seconds.
- •"The charge against me is a connection with one James Reynolds for purposes of improper speculation. My real crime is an amorous connection with his wife for a considerable time with his knowing consent. I had frequent meetings with her, most of them at my own house. Mrs. Hamilton with the children being absent on a visit to her father.""Reynolds Pamphlet." I never actively tried to memorize this. Just one day I realized I could quote the whole thing.
- •"It's 1800 ladies tell your husband vote for Burr!""The Election of 1800." Don't ask me. I think this at least twice a week.