THE ART OF AVOIDANCE / MY EXCERCISE ROUTINE
- •Skip over the specificsThis is just a warm up. Use your legs, get your heart pumping.
- •Dance around the subjectWe're really cooking now. Cardio for the perennially anxious!
- •Let the details escape you...and then chase them down! You got this.
- •Dodge questionsFloat like a butterfly, sting like a bee, and don't respond to anyone's text messages. You should feel a burning sensation in your chest (because you are having a panic attack)
- •Lay lowTime to bring the heart rate way WAY down. Mimic your internal state by doing a little shavasana (aka the corpse pose) because you are dying inside.
- •Take it to your graveThe ultimate evasion! After burning 3,000 calories and successfully avoiding your problems, feel free to wind down and go for the big sleep. You've earned it.