Already on li.st? Open in app.
We live in CT, and I have a sweet tooth.
- •Cinnamon roll pancakes, The Pantry, New HavenThe cinnamon sugar is basically caramelized. I just don't have the words to describe the scrumptiousness. This is dessert pretending to be breakfast and I wouldn't have it any other way.
- •Deconstructed chocolate cream pie, Dish Bar & Grill, HartfordIt's everything that makes chocolate cream pie delicious, laid out on the plate so that it looks like a paint palette of chocolate and graham cracker crumbs and whipped cream and yum.
- •Chocolate chip cookies, Chaves Bakery, SheltonThe ultimate bakery-style chocolate chip cookie. I don't know what witchcraft they use to get the perfect cake-like texture and I don't care, as long as they never change the recipe.
I love a desert island with access to TV, even if it's limited to only 3 series.
- •The West WingNot just the best political drama ever (sorry, House of Cards), and not just the best Aaron Sorkin show ever (as much as I love the Newsroom), but the best. show. ever.
- •FriendsIf my island only has 3 shows, one of them might as well offer me 10 seasons to keep me busy. Could this show BE any funnier?
- •Gilmore GirlsFast-paced, snappy dialogue filled with eclectic pop culture references, set in the most delightful (but sadly fictitious) hamlet in all of Connecticut.
- •100 GrandA hard to find treasure.
- •TwixThe perfect blend of chocolate, caramel, and wafer.
- •Kit KatPerforated for sharing and yet I never do.
Because we've eaten just about everywhere in and around the parks. These are my personal faves.
- •'OhanaIn addition to the fantastic food and the view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks, this restaurant at the Polynesian resort will serve you a fruity alcoholic concoction in a coconut.
- •Artist PointThis is a fancy restaurant at the Wilderness Lodge, and it's not wildernessy at all. The food here could be served at any fine restaurant anywhere, but then you wouldn't be just minutes from the Magic Kingdom, would you?
- •The Hollywood Brown DerbyDefinitely the best restaurant inside the Hollywood Studios park. Great food and glowing cocktails. What more could you possibly want?
Even if they're on in Spanish. And I only understand Spanish on an 8th-grade level.
- •Apollo 13If you don't cry when they come out of that 4-minute communication blackout, you're just not human.
- •A Few Good MenBecause YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
- •Steel MagnoliasBecause Sally Field is every possible kind of awesome in this movie. And because I know deep down that Olympia Dukakis loves me more than her luggage.