My Favorite Sweet Treats in CT
We live in CT, and I have a sweet tooth.
- •Cinnamon roll pancakes, The Pantry, New HavenThe cinnamon sugar is basically caramelized. I just don't have the words to describe the scrumptiousness. This is dessert pretending to be breakfast and I wouldn't have it any other way.
- •Deconstructed chocolate cream pie, Dish Bar & Grill, HartfordIt's everything that makes chocolate cream pie delicious, laid out on the plate so that it looks like a paint palette of chocolate and graham cracker crumbs and whipped cream and yum.
- •Chocolate chip cookies, Chaves Bakery, SheltonThe ultimate bakery-style chocolate chip cookie. I don't know what witchcraft they use to get the perfect cake-like texture and I don't care, as long as they never change the recipe.
- •Warm chocolate cake, Anthony Jacks, SouthingtonThe bittersweet chocolatiness of the cake pairs perfectly with the creaminess of the vanilla ice cream that tops it. So good. So, so good.
- •Chocolate cream pie, Dottie's Diner, SouthburyMy husband swears by Dottie's bread pudding, made from their apple cider doughnuts, but for me, the chocolate cream pie is too fantastic to skip.
- •Coffee Oreo ice cream, Wentworth's, HamdenAll the ice cream at Wentworth's is amazing, but I'm a sucker for coffee, and the oreos complement it beautifully.