5 Food Things I Want to Master
Wouldn't we all like to be known for something? For me it is entertaining and food. I don't need the Sandra Lee tablescapes, but it would be nice if people would say, "Can't wait to go to Melissa's for Mole!" And I will serve wine and beer and we'll eat overlooking my garden and joy will fill our souls... Overboard? But it sounds nice, right?
- •Homemade PastaIdeally, I'd like to learn from an Italian grandma in Tuscany. Homemade pasta - what more needs to be said?
- •GardeningMy dream is to walk to my backyard and have an entire salad from my own garden paradise. Oh, and some flowers of course!
- •Authentic MoleYes! If you've never had it, try it. A well made chicken mole is one of the best things ever
- •Turkey and fixingsThis scares me for some reason. Probably the years of build up and family tradition behind it. Fuck up the turkey and the entire meal is screwed!
- •Coq Au VinI tried this in my studio apartment with 3 inches of counter space when I was 24. It was grey in color and thick like paste. We still ate it because the only other food I had was Mac and cheese and Stagg chili, and that was reserved for Friday night. It tasted okay, but not like it should. Haven't tried it since.