How I Run a Mile
My inner dialogue during the most awful task at the gym
- •0:00 - ~bracing myself for the worst 11 minutes of my life~
- •0:36 – I need a BADASS song. Or maybe I’ll just listen to the new Weezer album (again)
- •1:00 – I already hate every part of this
- •1:22 – TALLER, BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER is what you’ll be when you finish this
- •2:48 – Just remember that YOU ARE RAD
- •3:15 – The only good part about this is that I’m wearing a Michigan tank and purple shoes and people are probably jealous of both
- •4:00 – why
- •4:14 – This is agony.
- •5:25 – Hey, who created running? Because I could kill them
- •6:17 – ARE WE THERE YET
- •6:57 – What should I eat for dinner?
- •7:34 – How do people run marathons? It doesn’t seem very American
- •8:12 – I wonder if there are any bikes open because I just want to sit down right now
- •8:45 – Would it be shameful to leave the gym after this is over?
- •9:30 – Should I increase the speed on my treadmill so that this ends sooner?
- •10:18 – Who am I? Not a runner, that’s for sure
- •10:34 – I can’t wait to go home and watch Jane the Virgin
- •11:28 – omg I want to thank my family and New York Sports Club and everyone who believed that I could do this. Oh the music is playing me off, ok, this is stressful, thank you GOD and friends and Obama.