BEER FACTS FOR A FUTURE HAPPY HOUR
- •After he won the Nobel Prize, Niels Bohr was given a perpetual supply of beer piped into his house.
- •At the Wife Carrying World Championships, first prize is the wife's weight in beer.
- •George Washington insisted his continental army be permitted a quart of beer as part of their daily rations.
- •Thomas Jefferson wrote parts of the Declaration of Independence in a Philadelphia tavern.
- •Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty glass.
- •At the end of Prohibition, FDR said, "What America needs now is a drink."
- •In the 1980s, a beer-drinking goat was elected mayor of Lajitas, TX.
- •Fried beer won Most Creative Fried Food at the 2010 Texas State Fair.
- •Oktoberfest originally started as a festival celebrating the 1810 marriage of Crown Prince Ludwig.
- •At spas in Europe, you can literally bathe in beer as a physical and mental therapeutic treatment.
- •J.K. Rowling invented Quidditch in a pub.