FIVE FACTS VIII
- •Gatorade's inventor later created an alcoholic variation, Hop ’n Gator—essentially, lemon lime Gatorade mixed with beer.
- •During the bitter John Adams-Thomas Jefferson election of 1800, Martha Washington called Jefferson “one of the most detestable of mankind.”
- •Billy Crystal passed on voicing Buzz Lightyear. He said it's the only role he regrets not taking.
- •The Rhodes Scholar program is named for De Beers founder Cecil Rhodes, whose will established the scholarships.
- •Before the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets had a name, residents pushed to name the team the Mad Cows.