IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT CANDY
Make small talk at the grocery store checkout.
- •A 3 Musketeers originally included three smaller bars: one vanilla, one chocolate and one strawberry, hence the name.
- •The M&M in M&M's stands for Mars and Murrie. Forrest Mars and Bruce Murrie launched the candy.
- •The name PEZ comes from the German word for peppermint (PfeffErminZ).
- •Salvador Dalí designed the Chupa Chups logo.
- •NECCO cranks out about 750,000,000 candy buttons each year.
- •Kit Kat flavors available in Japan include wine, sweet potato, wasabi, and soy sauce.
- •"Hersheykoko" was the winner of Milton Hershey's 1904 name-the-town contest. When the post office rejected it, the town became Hershey, PA.
- •Fruit Stripe's zebra mascot is named Yipes.
- •Toblerone is a portmanteau of the creator’s name, Theodor Tobler, and “torrone,” an Italian word for a type of nougat.