LIVEN UP THANKSGIVING DINNER WITH THESE FACTS
Let's see how your family reacts to non-sequiturs.
- •Before alarm clocks, “knocker-ups” would get clients to work on time by knocking on their doors.
- •Researchers have found that swearing when in pain may release pain-killing endorphins.
- •Foreign Accent Syndrome is a very rare side effect of brain trauma. Patients speak their native language in a foreign dialect.
- •Before Beverly Hills was home to the rich and famous, the area was better known for its lima beans.
- •In naked holiday news, Read in the Bathtub Day is February 9th.
- •J.K. Simmons has been the voice of the Yellow Peanut M&M since the late 1990s.
- •As a child, Nobel winner William Shockley wasn't allowed to take part in an intelligence study because his IQ was too low.
- •Portland was named by a coin flip. Had the coin landed the other way, the city would be Boston, Oregon.
- •Despite Internet rumors, Mister Rogers was not a Navy SEAL “combat tested in Vietnam.”
- •Snails can survive being digested.
- •The @ symbol goes by many names: monkeys tail (Dutch), Elephant’s trunk (Sweden), and rolled pickled herring (Czech).
- •For 67 consecutive years, Mary was America’s most popular female baby name. Linda broke the streak in 1947.
- •Moxie soda began life in 1876 as Moxie Nerve Food, a patent medicine that claimed to help prevent paralysis, nervousness, and insomnia.
- •Over 33 million people watched the Joe Millionaire finale in 2003.
- •Michael J. Fox’s middle name is Andrew.